Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's Finally Here! (Well It WAS Finally Here!)

A couple things I love are planning a great party and celebrating a great accomplishment, so once JK's law school journey was coming to a close in December, I was eager to help him plan a celebration worthy of the time, energy and commitment of his achievement.  In this post, I want to share some of the details of the party and fun projects I embarked upon to make his day extra special. 


We started with the invitations to set the tone of the party.  I knew the cookie-cutter, school provided announcements just wouldn't cut it, so after scouring the internet for inspiration, and a few late nights of tweaking we both LOVED the final product. 

the graduate is quite private, so excuse the white box in the middle of the photo :)

I purchased the paper from a local paper shop (the paper source), dusted off my old college printer, and crossed my fingers....luckily they printed beautifully!  Here are a few of the fonts I used.....
Then I worked on a few more paper products.  A menu, place cards and a get out of jail free card for each place setting.  I used the same fonts for the menu and a square card in the same paper as the invitations.  As for the get out of jail free cards, I simply found a clip art online of the jail bird and created a business card size printout in powerpoint.   
the food was AMAZING!
get out of jail cards were a hit!
Then I found pinterest inspiration for a banner and a photo timeline

such cute grade school photos of the guest of honor!

Here are a few shots of the last details to tie the room together....
centerpieces: fall bouquet on law school books
enjoying lunch at Merchants with about 30 guests
 congrats graduate!
I absolutly LOVED planning this for JK!  I think I found my new favorite hobby....arts and crafts with pretty paper and party planning.  The entire process was exciting, especially to see ideas on paper come to reality.  Congrats again babe on your big accomplishment!

The photos are by the extremely talented Leslie Walker.  That was the best investment of the party!  I could focus on enjoying the celebration and company and not worry about missing a photo opportunity.  Aren't the photos fabulous!?!

Credits:
Photos: Leslie Walker Photography
Paper: The Paper Source
Venue: Merchant's on Broadway

I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at playing hostess :)


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love it :) You did such a great job on this party- I definitely think you should use those talents and start a planning business :) Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! Leslie and I are sorority sisters from college. Fun!

    ReplyDelete