Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tour Guide Tuesday! Pancake Pantry


Featuring...


Oh my, just writing this post has me craving the best chocolate chip pancakes in the world. 

Pancake Pantry is a Nashville Tradition.  They have been serving up breakfast in the heart of Hillsboro Village for over 50 years!  One of my gages of how good a restaurant's food is by the line or wait...if no one is ever there, it's probably because it's not that good, if the establishment is always packed and lively, that is a good indication of good food.  Please refer to Exhibit A:


If you hit the line at peak hours, you will probably wait 30-45 minutes to get in, but it is SOOO worth it.  The wait is part of the experience.  You can window shop and people watch while patiently waiting, I have never had a dull experience!

Pancake Pantry is open daily until around 3 and serves breakfast all day.  The sweet potato pancakes pictured above are a customer favorite in this pancake house, but I LOVE the chocolate chip pancakes.  If you are not a sweet-morning-breakfast-kinda-person, try the morning scramble. 

The pantry is one of my go-tos for any guests, but I love to go there for special occasions as well.  My sister and I celebrated our last birthday at Pancake Pantry, and I couldn't have been happier!
Pancake Pantry opened a second location in Gatlinburg, but ships their batter every morning to keep the tradition consistent and the secret recipe in the family.
1796 21st Avenue South 
Nashville, TN 37212

Photos from Pancakepantry.com

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete