Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Update!

What a weekend!  Here is a recap + some random thoughts...

1.  Yes, Justin PASSED the bar exam :)  Friday we were on pins and needles waiting for the "who made the basketball team" style list to be released.  They release all of the names at the same time online for the world to see.  Needless to say, I was trying to discretely update the web page all morning anxiously awaiting this message.

After spotting the posted list, I handed the phone over to JK to check, and we rejoiced over the good news :)  Here we are celebrating right after we found out, I apologize for the runny eyeliner, plenty tears of joy were shed by this girl :)

2.  In other news, I traded in my heavy handbag for a new hobo cross-body small bag!  So far so good, but I'm sure for trips and occasions it is necessary to carry a lot of stuff I will switch back.  For everyday necessities, smaller is better for me.
3.  Have you tried cuties?!?  They are a delicious little summer time treat.  Easy to peal and full of flavor...I like to keep them chilled in the fridge.  We grabbed another bag last night while grocery shopping and they will be lucky to see Thursday.
4. I got to hang out with my 3 favorite boys this weekend for family bar exam celebrations :)  I just can't get enough of that sweet baby boy!!!  JK's mom put together a fabulous cookout Saturday to celebrate his big accomplishment, and we got to catch up with family and friends.
5.  Breakfast by the lake?  Sure, why not!  I am so looking forward to lake/pool/beach season, and Sunday we stopped by the Oak Tree Restaurant in Paris, TN for a nice glimpse of what is in store very soon!
6.  OMG THE PREDS WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN DETRIOT!  Our Nashville boys accomplished this milestone Sunday, and it was the cherry on top of the weekend.  They are now 2-1 in the playoff run and play again tomorrow in Detriot.  To be honest, the power play has been off and they looked like they were playing not to lose instead of to win yesterday, but I will take a win against the Wings anytime I can get it! 

source
How was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing the bar!! And I'm from Paris!! :) I love it there!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to Justin!
    & i looooove cuties!

    ReplyDelete