Thursday, April 12, 2012

What's Up With That!?!?

Happy Thursday!  I need your help and advice today, so welcome to my first installment of "What's Up With That?!?!"  Once again I am confused by the world and need my friends help me figure out, what's up :)


1.  Elephant Stripes

We will start out on the light side....


So, stripes are in every store, magazine and fashion show....but momma always said, stripes are not flattering.  What's Up With That?!?!  What is the best way to incorporate the cute nautical stripe without looking like Shamu? Are stripes just for skinny minis or can us curvier girls pull them off too? With so many ways to wear stripes, surely they are not 100% taboo now? Are they? Disclaimer: Plenty of girls can get away with stripes, I'm just learning how :)

2. Did you loose your HEARING in Med School?!?!?

As you all know, I have been a little under the weather for the last couple weeks.  I went to the doctor Tuesday and here is a recap of the conversation....

Why are you here today?
Well, I have been sick for about 10 days, and I know it's not allergies.  My bf was sick a couple weeks ago with the same illness, but I can't seem to get over it. I have had a fever off an on, it started with a horrible sore throat last week, and has moved into my chest this week, hence the old nasty man cough.  I have been coughing so much, my stomach muscles ache!
Do you have a fever right now?
No.
Do you have seasonal allergies?
Yes, but not right now.
Have you been sneezing?
Some, but not this week.
Watery eyes?
No
Let me look at your throat, ears and nose....oh yes, I diagnose you with seasonal allergies and a sinus infection.  Here is Allegra and a nasal spray....


WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!?!   Seriously, it was like she wasn't even listening.  I could have gone to the Walgreens clinic for those results.  I did talk her into cough medicine and an antibiotic....GRRRR.....I needed a complaint card, or a manager, or a second opinion. 


3. Unflattering in the Name of Fashion

I know we all try to be stylish, but sometimes in the name of "fashion" we go super unflattering.....
Exhibit A: The High waisted Pant


Exhibit B: The Jumpsuit
Exhibit C: Too Tight and Beige Blah


Sorry Kim, but WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!?!  Why must we all fall victim to Fashion instead of what looks good on our figure?!?

So ladies, here is your chance to chime and and tell me what's up :)

Counting down til Friday,



No comments:

Post a Comment