Monday, June 4, 2012

Keep On the Sunny Side

Had a great relaxing weekend!  Checked out the newest addition to the Gulch, Bar Louie, finally saw the Hunger Games (yeah, I'm really late on that one :)), and had a little girlfriend time at the pool!

After a great relaxing weekend, sometimes it's hard to find the sunshine in a rainy Monday like today.  I have mentioned it before, but I LOVE Oprah, especially her Life Class series.  One Ah-Ha moment that struck accord with me several weeks ago that I am going to try to utilize this Monday. 


A simple thought,

Turn your expectation into appreciation and the world will change instantly.

Ok, first off, drop the cynical attitude and don't think of it as lowering expectations.  Rather think of everything as a gift. 

Instead of
"Dang, it's Monday, I have to go to work",
try,
"What a blessing to have a job to go to!"



Instead of
expecting people to go out of their way for you,
try,
to go out of the way for others and appreciate the little acts of kindness you encounter.


Instead of
"He/She needs to apologize/make something right again"
try,
being the change you want to see in others and appreciate having relationships you care enough about to try to fix.


Instead of
"Gah! The last thing I want to do today is hit the gym",
try,
What a blessing that I am physically able to work towards/maintain a great fitness plan in my daily routine.  So many people don't have that luxury"
What a difference a mindset can make in your life. 

Today, chose an attitude of gratitude.


3 comments:

  1. You are totally right! Optimism is a great quality to have! Have a GREAT Monday dear!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I practice this very same thing daily. It's 99.8% effective. I say 99.8% because it just seems like today, no matter how much I try to make it a good day, forces are conspiring against me. So I'll have to make it a good evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Bar Louie where I live too! Love it!
    Found your cute blog thru WILW :)
    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete