Monday, June 11, 2012

Pray or Worry, Not Both

What a great weekend! Happy Monday Loves!

It was CMA fest weekend here in Nashvegas, and we gladly welcomed thousands of visitors to our fine city.  JK and I did make it down to the riverside festival to see a few acts with friends.  It is always so fun when there is something great going on within walking distance of the condo.  More often than not, living downtown is quiet and peaceful, on the few occasions it's not, it's a welcomed and expected change of pace. 

Corey Smith was amazing.  If you have never heard his music, start with 21, Drugs, and Maybe Next Year.  His old tracks are great too.

Laura Bell Bundy
Corey Smith
 We did a little work in the new law office.  I am working on an entire post recapping the whole "opening a law office" process, but until then, here is what we have so far.  AND, if you are in Tennessee, bookmark www.thekinslandfirm.com just in case you need an attorney....tell the boss I sent ya ;)

Last night, on "Oprah's Next Chapter" she interviewed Curtis Jackson, AKA 50 Cent.  What a great interview.  Oprah and 50 chose to agree to disagree about the content of his music, but by the end of the interview, I got the feeling he releases songs that will sell....nothing more than that.  Apparently Oprah and 50 Cent have been at odds since 2009, while Oprah said in the interview, "It takes 2 to fight", inferring she was not a part of the fight,
He explained, "I would see moments when you would discuss your feelings on the culture and everything that was wrong with the culture was what was on my CD, and I was like, 'Oh, she doesn't like me'.  "I was saying, 'If I can't be your friend, at least let me be your enemy, so I co-exist.'"
My biggest AhHa moment of the interview was this quote from Mr. Jackson,
"Either pray or worry, don't do both."
who would have thought 50 would be so thought provoking?!?!

Food for thought,


1 comment:

  1. We were in Nashville this weekend, but we didn' dare venture downtown. I love CMA fest, but since we were only in town for the night we didn't want to fight that traffic and the crowds all night.

    ReplyDelete