Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Times!

It's Monday, it's raining, and it's 5 workdays away from a week long vaca....let's do this thing!


JK and I hit up the Tomato Arts Festival this weekend and it was a blast!  The day started off with a 5K, and those always seem like such a fun idea in theory because I forget that I'm not a runner....but about 10 minutes into it, I realize why I'm not a runner :)  But, I did finish, and that was the goal.  After the race, a New Orleans style parade marched through 5 points complete with tomato costumes, decorated bikes and a jazzy band.  There were vendors galore, tasty treats on every corner and everyone seemed to have a ball.  Between the corn hole tourney and kids arts and crafts, there was plenty of entertainment for all.  Tomato Arts Fest gets 2 thumbs up from this girl, and I will be back next year.




This weekend I also had my first Grilled Cheeserie experience.  Nashville Food Trucks are very popular, and the Grilled Cheeserie has been on my radar for quite some time.  It did not disappoint.  I was starving after the race, so I was one of the first people in line for the truck, which was a great thing because the line quickly got VERY long.  Who knew a grilled cheese could be so delicious?  Complete with tots and a real coke from a bottle....perfection.



Really this week, I am just counting down to our trip!  Mom, Dad, JK and I are jumping on a jet plane to Ft. Lauderdale to cruise to Key West, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands.  Have any of you all been there?  Any tips?  I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I'm excited to explore new places, but more importantly, I'm thrilled to have 6 uninterrupted days with my boo and fam :)

Happy Monday loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment