Monday, September 24, 2012

Love this Music City!

This was one of those weekends I am still in awe of the incredible music of Music City!  The Southern Ground Fest featuring Zac Brown Band was held less than 2 blocks from my condo, and we had perfect upper upper balcony seats :)  Even when we were not outside, I could hear the music clearly through my open bedroom window.  It was such a great treat Friday and Saturday night to drift off to the rockin sounds of ZBB.  

Pics from Tennessean
To top off my weekend, my mom, sister and I have been counting down the days until the Carrie Underwood concert last night at Bridgestone Arena!  Our floor seats were incredible!!!  It kicked off with Hunter Hays....this kid is going places.  He is extremely talented and worked the stage like a pro!  He stole the hearts of every 16 year old girl in the arena ;) 
To put it simply, Carrie was spectacular.  Her vocals were out of this world.  She played a lot from her new album, but also killed every favorite, Before He Cheats, Jesus Take the Wheel, Wasted, Last Name, Cowboy Casanova, I Told You So, and when she started Remind Me, BRAD PAISLEY surprised her on stage to sing their #1 hit!  

Carrie welcomed us by saying: "I walked in with my husband (Nashville Predators player Mike Fisher) earlier, and I said, ‘This is where our worlds collide.’ He said, ‘You’re on my turf now.’ I said ‘(No way,) I was here first.’”



Source

Check out this flying tree house she serenaded us in wearing her hubby's jersey




Thanks mom and dad for the best cherry on top of a birthday week ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment