Monday, October 8, 2012

Cheekwood, Cornmaze, and Fall Decor

I had a blast welcoming in the fall temps this weekend!  We visited Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, a corn maze south of Nashville, put out our fun fall decor, and cooked a fall feast! 

Cheekwood has been on my list for quite some time to visit.  After enjoying lunch in the pineapple room, we Sunday strolled it through the beautiful grounds of the gorgeous estate.  I think a membership to Cheekwood is in my near future, it was the perfect place to explore and enjoy spending time together.





 Then we headed to the corn maze in Spring Hill.  I have never been to a corn maze and was thrilled to see what all the buzz is about.  After about 20 minutes of everything looking the same, debating what the point was, and only finding one of twenty checkpoints, I had about all of the corn maze I could handle.  It was a beautiful fall ride out to the farm and fun to try something new, but maybe next time I need to find a corn maze that has more substance to it (like a candy prize or a defined beginning and end) :)  Never the less, check corn maze off my fall bucket list!

Sunday I baked chocolate chip pumpkin bread and made beef stew and cranberry salad.  Check out Natasha's recipe here

The fall decor made it out too!  Here are a few festive touches from around the condo.





Lovin' Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment