Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Favorite Things! Gift Guide for Him

Welcome to My Favorite Things, Gift Guide for Him.  Yes, I am very well aware that Thanksgiving comes first and try not to get ahead of myself, but, with less than 50 days to go, it's time for brainstorming, ordering and planning.  I prefer to shop early to leave the weeks leading up to Christmas for last minute gifts and family time.  So without further adieu, let's get shopping!

Pinned Image

Have you seen Restoration Hardware's stocking stuffers this year?  They have virtually created a one stop shop for thoughtful gifts across the board.  Here are a few of my favs...

For the Golfer, a golf ball personalizer


For the Smart Phone, how about a tripod and zoom lens


or a keyboard




For the Whiskey Drinker, whiskey stones


I mentioned this brand before, but I can't say enough great things about it, Volunteer Traditions.  Amazing quality with classic details makes it a top pick for gifts in my book. 

Grey with Red Tennessee Long Sleeve Tee by Volunteer Traditions



Thoughtful gifts go a long way, how about a photobook from a recent vacation or capturing 2012?  I've ordered a lot of photobooks in my day, and by far, http://www.mypublisher.com/ has been the best.  Check out their website for deals, there is usually some type of promotion everyday.

Pinned Image


Do you want to find a way to capture a favorite pet, home or photograph?  Hop on over to www.paintmylife.com and have an artist transform a photograph into a one of a kind piece of art!  For Christmas a couple years ago, I got my dad a painting of the house we grew up in and it was a hit!  AND my sister got her hubby a painting of his fraternity house, and it is proudly displayed in their home.  This is a 100% success guarantee of best Christmas gift :)

I worked with the artist to pick the right medium (watercolor, oils, charcoal) and feel of the photo.  Here are two examples I have had created.  The first is the house I grew up in and the second is the street JK works on (it was a graduation gift).




 

My last suggestion for him is an adventure gift!  Go to a game, show or concert, how about paintball or 4-wheelin', or try zip lining or rock climbing.  I think a gift of an event or adventure is 3 times as good because you get the initial excitement of the gift, the anticipation of the event and you get to enjoy it together! 

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Stay tuned for more gift guides to come, and girls, if you want me to feature something that may be a great hint for that clueless man in your life, shoot me an email and I can help you out.

Hope your inspired,


1 comment:

  1. Great guide, Julie! I'm working on something similar starting next week!

    I LOVE the Volunteer Traditions line. I hate that I'm the only one in my family who will wear it and wear it proudly. I'm dying to get one of the collars for my puppy but even a small is too big for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete