Monday, February 11, 2013

Recipe: Cajun Shrimp Etouffee

I'm absolutely loving my new Puffy Muffin cookbook.  Puffy Muffin is my favorite Brentwood bakery, and every recipe I have tried, from their cookbook, has turned out beautifully.  They are pretty easy too!  Here is my edited recipe for Shrimp Etouffee, since it is Mardi Gras week, it's the perfect time to try out this delicious dish.

Now, my mom always taught me to pick recipes with 5 ingredients or less, but most of these ingredients, I always have on hand, so even though it looks like a lot of work, it's not :)

photo credit
 
Shrimp Etouffee

Ingredients:
2 lb of Shrimp
1 1/2 stick of Butter
1 can of Chicken Broth
1 can of Water
1/2 t Thyme
1 c of Green Onion chopped
2 T Garlic Powder
1/2 c Celery
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
2 T Cajun seasoning
2 tsp Parsley
1/4 c Flour
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Basil
1 c Yellow Onion chopped
1/2 Green Pepper chopped
8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
3 T Tabasco
Juice of 1 lemon
White Rice

Make a caramel-colored roux by simmering the butter and flour, stirring constantly.  Add the broth and water, bay leaf, thyme, basil, green onion, yellow onion, garlic powder, green pepper and celery and simmer for 30 min.

Stir in tomato sauce, salt, Worcestershire, pepper and Tabasco.  Add shrimp, lemon juice and parsley.  Heat until shrimp are cooked, about 5 min. Serve with white rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment