Friday, June 14, 2013

5 for Friday!

 
 
1.  This was a week of joyful news in my inner circle of friends :)  One of my dearest friends, Sarah, got engaged to her love, Michael (she conveniently caught the bouquet at the last wedding)!  Another girlfriend announced a bun in the oven!  Congrats to you both!!!
 

2.  I'm looking forward to a great relaxing weekend celebrating all things DAD.  JK and I are spending Saturday with his fam, taking a road trip to Jack Daniels Distillery, and Sunday, my sweet parents are coming to Nashville.  I can't wait to get some good quality time in with our favorite people.

on a side note, this is a really funny list, 28 reasons to appreciate your dad....check it out for a little laugh.
 
They don't understand Twitter, and it can make you question your own life choices.


3.  H&M is officially open at Opry Mills.  You know I couldn't resist the urge to pay tribute to the new store.  I scored a few work appropriate dresses and a couple fun belts this week.  Hey Memphis girls, time for a road trip!

4.  The house is slowly coming together, this week we added curtains and this weekend I hope to add a couple planters to the front porch for a pop of color.  Very exciting stuff....stay tuned for pics soon.

5.  I have a confession.  I wrongly judged East Nashville before planting my roots here a month ago.  I don't know why it has such a sigma attached to it....most of the people who judge it have spent little to no time on the east side.  It is simply charming.  From the neighborhood restaurants, to the welcoming neighbors, I am loving it.  East Nasty, I'm sorry for any pre-judgements I made before calling you home.

 
 

3 comments:

  1. I would love to explore East Nashville. Maybe you could post on your favorite spots. You are on the ball already hanging curtains. I need to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already started a post with my favs. Be on the look out next week for it. I am also planning my blessing bag post thanks to you :)

      Delete
  2. Loved reading your blog! Nashville is gorgeous, and I can't wait to read your post about East Nashville! H&M is fabulous for all of those fun pieces!

    Come on over to my home on the net - http://vandoss.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete