Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

Let's rundown the 10 Most Memorable Moments of 2013!

1. We started off the year with a road trip to Chi-town.  Celebrating JK's 29th was quite the adventure.  We absolutely love exploring new cities, and fell in love with the windy city, even if it was 10 degrees!


2. Even though I had a rough start to 2013 in the career department (I was laid off), I got back on my feet, and got a new job closer to home. 



3. My Nashville girls and I attended our first Junior League Gala!  We started with a little pre-party at the downtown condo and headed to War Memorial Auditorium to dance the night away.  My first grown-up formal was just as much fun as the ones in college :)



4. Moving from downtown into a house was a big transition.  It has been fun settling in and getting everything set in place, but I do still miss the vibe of downtown life.  Onward and upward!


5.  With the house came a new addition of an adopted puppy, Tally, to our family.  We met at the Tomato Arts Festival, and the rest is history!  She is such a sweet pup.



6. Our best meal of the year was at Kayne Prime.  Hands down best meal ever. (P.S. If you are asking yourself, is that cotton candy on bacon, the answer is YES!)



7. This year I dusted off my volunteering shoes and joined the Renewal House family here in Nashville.  Mostly I help out with childcare and activities for the children, and it has been such a rewarding humbling experience. 


8.  Celebrating Sarah! From the news of her engagement, to the bachelorette party, to the wedding, it was an absolute joy sharing the journey from Miss. to Mrs., with Mrs. Murphy.  Any excuse to get together with all of my favorite Memphis girls is a-ok in my book! 



9.  Did ya'll see me on Nashville?!? (Probably not, but it was fun to peak behind the cameras for a day :))
 


10.  To sum up the rest, I made a lot of fun, new memories with JK.  From winning the annual egg toss, to welcoming all of our new babies, 2013 was one for the record books!


Every year seems to get better and better, I can't wait to see what 2014 holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment